June 22, 2008

Taking it Easy...


I will not be blogging much the coming days. I am tired and I need a break. Will respond to comments though. Well this is what I am telling myself, for now.

Besides, I've had a bad fall. Clumsiness combined with absent mindedness, compounded with a million holes in the pavements and streets. So I fell, bruised my knee, my elbow, my wrist, sprained my ankle, hip and back.

I felt nothing at first, except some warm blood oozing down my leg, thought nothing of it, except my fascination with the bright red...

Of course, my mind wandered to the tons of barrels of bright red that gushed on the streets of Baghdad and are still gushing elsewhere, covering them like rose petals...

It's only now, 24 hours later, that I felt the effects of my fall. A delayed response...and am sure that you and I will be witnessing more "delayed responses" after the "Fall".

So I am going to take it easy these days, rocking myself back to a "no bruise" state, until I recuperate my full senses...Maybe just wishful thinking on my part but I shall try...


Painting : Iraqi female artist, Sawsan Al-Saraf.