Don't Let Iraq Slip Through Your Fingers...

I am very, very pissed off. Really, truly pissed off. I am pissed off at Iraqis and at their complacency, silence and apathy...I really am.

Daily I receive not less than 50 to 70 emails all in Arabic - all articles on Iraq. Sorry but that's not good enough. It's not good enough at all.

These are emails circulating within a closed circle and they are not made available in English to a wider public. There are thousands of Iraqis who have good command of the English language, they live in the US, England and elsewhere, scattered all over...what are you doing exactly ? The Answer is NOTHING. You are doing NOTHING.

The Iraqi blogosphere and social media is as shameful and as pathetic as the current Iraqi situation.

Why aren't more of you on Twitter or Facebook - writing and informing people in English ? Why, what exactly are you waiting for ? But you are good at leaving teary comments on youtube songs...Well this is not what's going to save your asses.

Daily in your "beloved" Iraq, there are human rights violations of the most grotesque kind and you are silent.
Arrests, broad day light killings, tortures, abductions and the rest of the daily misery inflicted on us and you are silent.

I, for my part am doing whatever I can...with the means available to me...It's about fucking time you do your share as well.

Because I tell you, Iraq is slipping again and you're just there watching Her...again.

Popular posts from this blog

Diss Information.

How Sensitive...

Some thoughts on Forgiveness...