For God's sake, tell me where to begin? I was set out to write about Father's day and the thousands of fatherless Iraqi children.The thousands of killed fathers, the thousands of fathers trying desperately hard to feed their families, daily putting their lives at great risk, in a country gripped by demonic violence. The exiled fathers, selling scraps in Amman and Damascus, bearing the brunt of daily insults. Or the unemployed fathers, feeling torn inside watching their kids go hungry. Or maybe the head bent down father, slouched posture, hiding scars beneath a worn out shirt. The father that has been imprisoned, humiliated, tortured and sodomized, unable to look his children in the eyes... Or maybe I should write about sexual torture and sodomy instead... The further horrors emerging from Abu Ghraib and the Taguba report... More reports of "abuse". And I am sure Abu Ghraib is not over. I am certain that more Abu Ghraibs are taking place in Iraq, in those shadowy deten...
Comments
As for the video, I am an ardent ballet enthusiast, but I wish Mr. al-Madfai hadn't used it for this song - rather jarring, in my opinion, although it seems a mix of ballet and belly dancing!
Take care.
My wormest, sisterly greetings, Layla. Sisterly sounds better then just feminist, you know why.
Then there are those who are pissed as hell, and have nothing left to lose. Those are deadly, but how many become like that in the Middle East?
Shukran yabbah..
I don't think it is Elham Al-Madfai who made the video, more like a wannabe westerner, trying to combine ballet and earthly oriental dance.
Am glad you were able to identify with parts of the post.
Am glad you enjoyed the music, at least.
Hello and thank you for visiting my blog. Sisterly greetings to you too, and yes I sure do know the difference between the sisterly and feminist categories...
I agree with you, to some extent...And yes there are deadly ones in the Middle East, but maybe not the sort of deadly you are used to across the Atlantic.
AJB