Hello Dear...

If you are as excited as I am

Comments

Anonymous said…
amy whinehouse is the most hideous thing i have ever seen my life....and i've seen plenty
Anonymous said…
this is probably the best song on youtube at the moment:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=A0mtSjQvk3o
Anonymous said…
by the way, this isn't an invitation for everyone to publish links to youtube to their favourite songs, no ones interested in what anyone else likes so lets not fill up this comments section with unneccessary rubbish
Anonymous said…
layla anwar, do u read british tabloids?? what's your favourite???
Anonymous said…
KMWR--I prefer Bach and Vivaldi. Actually, in all honesty, I do NOT know who are any of these people you named. That is, I hear their names. It's unavoidable. It's in the ether, or, the milieu. But, I have absolutely NO idea what they look like. If they bumped into me on the street, I would not know them and I do not know what they do or their "songs." To me, it is noise, not music, anyway. As for McGobbeldygook, I have only gone into a McDonald's perhaps 10 times or so in my entire lifetime and on at least two of those ocassions, someone was vomiting in the restaurant, which says it all. And, I have NEVER in my entire lifetime been into a Wal-Mart store. I dread the thought of entering one.
Anonymous said…
Is there a Western or Arab female singer/actress/model/other you find truly beautiful ?
Anonymous said…
in reply to Josef aka roger federer:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=kDA9NbPAK8o
Anonymous said…
Life in the Eighties wasn't smooth at all, courtesy of the crazed old mummy called Khomeini...
Anonymous said…
I tremendously dislike consummerism, sex banalization and silly geese, but I believe it is all smoke in the eyes, a cultural "cover"...IF ONLY America's true soul was simply that !

Better Paris Hilton than Pat Robertson, if you say what I mean...
Anonymous said…
Typo: if you see what I mean...
Anonymous said…
of course u like the 80' better...u were a fresh innocent teen back then, u had clean hands and thoughts, u believed in humanity...
Anonymous said…
All I can say is:

When Juno is set free, Jupiter comes down to earth, whispers an "end of a knight" tale in our ears...goodnight.
Anonymous said…
The above was me.

Again, just so to stress the point:

When Juno is set free, Jupiter comes down to earth, whispers an "end of a knight" tale in our ears...goodnight.
Anonymous said…
someone said...

The above was me.

Again, just so to stress the point:

When Juno is set free, Jupiter comes down to earth, whispers an "end of a knight" tale in our ears...goodnight.

---

sorry i didn't quite catch that, what did you say???
Anonymous said…
Layla, for whom exactly is this post? For the "western world", sure, what about the arab world...? The arab mass culture is so americanized, I wanted to puke when I saw arab talk shows and arab music in the TV. And that all, although the arab nations are under attack since many years now. How seriously they take themselves.
Really I understand the so-called islamists, when they oppose it. There are so many good reasons to oppose the american cultural influence, esthetic among others.
We too, we swallowed it all here in Eastern Europe, which is a shame.
Anonymous said…
guys check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_zlzrcS6N8
Anonymous said…
WHICH ROGER FEDERER IS THIS ONE?TENNIS ONE OR SOME OTHER?LEYLA.
PAKISTANIC.COM
KM said…
mo rafi,

I checked it out. Its ok ( for me ).

This one though is one of my favorites and I cant understand why ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_epqnippqo0&feature=related
Anonymous said…
For Mo Rafi's eyes only:

When Juno is set free, Jupiter comes down to earth, whispers an "end of a knight" tale in our ears...goodnight.
KM said…
Anna,

The land that is now called America, was Europeanized.
Layla Anwar said…
Roger Federer aka Mo rafi,

What's with the indian songs from films ? I love indian music but not from bollywood. The women always look about to fall into some exctatic oblivion just because a "stud" looked at them...lol. Not my cup of tea. But thanks anyways.

And no I don't read british tabloids. Can't stand them buggers.
Layla Anwar said…
KMWR,

Too funny. lol.
I can't believe an american does not know who jenny lopez and paris hilton are. My, you do live like a recluse. Not a bad idea at all, if you ask me.
As for MacDonalds, they pollute everything here. Can't stand these places, along with their burger king, chili house, fudders fuckers, whatever...
Wal Mart has not reached here yet, but on their way.
Keep up the hermit existence, and get out as soon as you can. :-)
Layla Anwar said…
anonymous, regarding actress, model, singer western or arab.

Sure many are beautiful, but that is why they have been allowed to become actresses, singers and models. And it kind of stops there.
Layla Anwar said…
The muppet show link on youtube is hilarious....looooooooooool
Layla Anwar said…
anonymous re. life in the 80's.

Please read what I wrote carefully. I said in comparison to the 90's and 00's.

And besides, we did keep the persian hordes at bay compared to now. No ?
Layla Anwar said…
observer,

I see your point. But Paris Hilton and Pat Robertson are a package. One needs the other to exist. If you see what I mean.
Layla Anwar said…
:-(

Are you trying to say I don't have clean hands and thoughts today ?
Layla Anwar said…
someone,

Say hello to juno, mercury and jupiter. Thank you.
Layla Anwar said…
anna,

hi and thanks for stopping by.I suppose the "american" fever is catching up everywhere, including eastern europe. There is a world of difference from the Russians of the 70's and today's. Ditto for other parts of Eastern Europe.

However, in all fairness, in the arab world, despite all the talk shows and melodies and stories about celebrities, which is also one way of trying to get people's attention away from their realities - I have to say that people overall are very much aware, and even politically. Something I can't say the same about americans.
Layla Anwar said…
yaseen ch,

Hello. My name is LAYLA not Leyla.
Please this is important to me.

Am sure it is not the real Roger Fed here, he has better things to do.
Layla Anwar said…
KM,

Hi,

Am not so crazy about the Uzbek singer. Not that I don't like Uzbek music, but not this one.

By the way, there is a good article on ICH on columbus day dated 13.10.08. Reminded me of some of the stuff you talked about regarding native americans.
KM said…
Thanks for the heads-up on the ICH piece.
I took yesterday off from work..didnt even call in or anything. I figure - 'fuck em'.

I will be quitting my job anyway in about 3 weeks time.

Layla. I am gonna tell you something right now and of course yer readers can follow thru too. Its off topic but it is something I have carried inside me since I started work at that (this) place.

Recall how I was on my way overseas roughly 2 years ago to work in Asia? The contract was signed and the work-visa was already prepared. The only thing lacking was for me to get my flight. Well, a family memeber gave me a referral to work at General Motors so to appease 'the fam' I filled it out and sent it in.

I was then offerred the job here so I decided to stay in the US and see what comes of it. It paid really good so I figured I could work maybe 3 years tops and then get the hell out of here.

Anyway...

GM hired in about 2 thousand of us and put is thru 2 weeks of training. This was class room training that consisted of corporate brainwashing and how great GM is, ect, ect. Some of it included watching videos.

During 3 of these classes, on seperate days, the instructors brought in a video from a TV comedy show called Saturday Night Live where skits are performed before a live audience. SNL has a popular person hosting the show each time. the host may be an actress, actor or performer, etc.

The video that was played for us..during this so-called 'training', was a skit with Robert DeNiro and the skit was making jokes out of Arabic-like names.

For example, DeNiro would say something along the lines of..ma-balls-esa-hairy...meaning my balls are hairy. Juvenile jokes for juvenile people. This went onfor about 2 minutes in the skit...and consequently the video that was played for our 'General Motors corporate training'.

it was thorougly disgusting

And ya know what? Each month we build and ship roughly 900 cars to the MidEast. They have a sign on the front that reads 'Middle East'. Some people say that we dont have to build these ones very good because they will just get blown up anyway.

Think about it; here we have the MidEast that is buying these products (helping to keep these ass holes in a job) and they behave this way.

Now...China has signed a contract to purchase 35.000 of these vehicles and at the same time, many of these ass holes blame China for what is happening to America.

Like I said, I have had enough and I have only 2 or 3 weeks left working there and Im gone. Fuck them. BUT, after I am gone..I am going to write an exit-letter to Randy Thayer who oversees operations at this GM facility. I am going to give him an ear-full and it will include the racism that goes on there, the disrespect towards ones that are actually helping to keep production up. The MidEast & China are helping to keep production running and to keep their sorry-asses in a job.

One guy just the other day at workwas complaining about how 'we' should not allow foreign cars into the US. His thinking was that this competition was hurting 'our' production because Americans are buying 'our' competitor's products. I looked at him and said, 'ok maybe we should stop sending our cars overseas too'. That was the end of THAT conversation.

I would like to get this info out to the Mid East & China, perhaps thru an op-ed piece in any Mid Eastern and Chinese newspapers.
KM said…
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Wh9s0j6FRI

Here in Saturday Night Live's racist skit I was referring to.
Layla Anwar said…
KM,

So what are you going to do now with the rest of your life ? Still heading to Asia ?
KM said…
Well ( as you know ), there has been a disturbance in my plans. Just kidding.
There has been a ....co-pilot added now.
See what you women do?? :-)

In 2, maybe 3 weeks I am quitting my job. Then I am off to Texas. Texas is difinitley not my choice but its where the co-pilot accepted a job.

Hopefully it will be a short stay. I am still getting some job offers from Asia & Oceana and just today I sent off my CV to Azerbaijan, Taiwan & Mongolia.

So what am I doing moving to Texas and still sending out CV's overseas?? Fuck if I know. See what you women do?!
Layla Anwar said…
KM,

How wonderful. Am sure you will enjoy Texas. HeeeHaaa.
Anonymous said…
amazing........

Popular posts from this blog

Diss Information.

How Sensitive...

Some thoughts on Forgiveness...