July 3, 2008

Arab Logic...


I have been (very) unable to blog...Today is the first day I am back to my "wits"...
Am sure some of you are terribly annoyed that am still around while others are probably relieved...The first group -- I didn't miss you at all. The second group --you've been in my thoughts...Good thoughts.

Now that am done with the preliminaries, let me get to the real important matters.

Today, my thoughts have been dominated by one single idea -- WE NEED ANOTHER SADDAM HUSSEIN NOW!

I was in a cab and as usual, the bored/curious/snoopy driver was trying to suss me out.

I don't know why but his conversation took on immediately a political twist. OK, maybe I do know why...

Life is getting very, very expensive, here and most people can't make ends meet anymore. In particular the Iraqis...

So this is how the conversation started -- with the ever increasing price of cab rides, to fuel, to food...to everything. So the driver said to me "It's all because of the war in Iraq..." So, of course, I responded "you mean because of the Americans ?"

So he replied - Some people understand only force...

Me - How is that related to the price of your cab fare ?

Him - Look at Hezbollah for instance, now Israel has to deal with them, they only understand force...

Obviously, his thoughts were all over the place...So I felt the need to straighten them out...

Me - You mean the exchange of prisoners ?

Him - Yes of course, plus so many other things...

Me - Like what ?

Him - Look at Iran, a few days ago their president threatened Amrikkka.

Me - Hmmm...He threatens Amrikkka, but Amrikkka handed Iraq on a silver, gold, diamong platter to Iran and to the most sectarian Shias that have existed since the Safavid Empire...

Him - That's my point. The Americans and Israelis only respect the strong.

Me - But Hassan Nasrallah and Ahmadinejad are still alive and kicking and Saddam Hussein was murdered by both Amrikkka and Iran.

Him - He was the only true Arab. And since the Arabs murdered him, then I am very happy for Iran and Hezbollah to take over.

Me - feeling my patience running out...You don't get it. Am telling you Amrikkka and Iran murdered Saddam Hussein, the only true Arab leader that was around and who refused to compromise...

Him - getting irritated. But it is the Arabs who sold him out, then they deserve to be ruled by Iran now

Me - And am telling you that Iran is collaborating with the Zionists and the Americans as in Iraq

Him - Never mind, Saddam was the strongest, he is dead now, we need another strong entity to stand up to Amrikkka...


The above is a brief specimen of current Arab "Logic". The warped logic of a defeated people. One defeat after another and now they are pinning their hopes on their worst enemy -- The chauvinists, sectarian, racist Iranians who have wrecked my country alongside the Americans.

Hence, the idea that has dominated my thoughts throughout this cab drive -- WE NEED ANOTHER SADDAM HUSSEIN NOW! Time is running out...


Painting : Iraqi artist, Muhammad Muhraddin, 2007