She irritates me. She is conceited, narcissistic to the core, vain and a snob.
Ok, she is good looking, but so what? And mind you she is not stupid, well at least I thought so, until we had this conversation not long ago.
Here was Ahlam sitting, one leg over another, sipping her tea, with perfectly manicured nails, and a head that just came out from under a hundred rollers and intensive blow dry.
You can trust Ahlam, that even if there is a nuclear bomb outside her window, she will not seek shelter before she dabs lipstick on.
So here we are, and Ahlam flicks her cigarette and says :
- ...They liberated us, enough now. They can leave.
- Excuse me? Why would they leave ?
- They did their job, did they not. So now they can leave.
- Ahlam, are you trying to tell me that over a quarter million Americans in Iraq, just crossed the seas, so they can liberate you and leave, just like that ?
- Yes of course. And she meticulously re-arranges her hair.
- And why on earth would they do that for ?
- I don't know, they said they came here for that. Now they can go.
- Oh, so you're telling me that they came from miles away for the sake of your brown eyes ?
- No, of course not, Layla...and she re-arranges her hair again, what I mean is that yalla it's enough...they can go.
- Does the word occupation exist in your dictionary ? Have you ever heard that word before ?
- Of course I have. What do you think I am stupid or something ?
- Laa' salamtech, how can you be stupid. Masha'allah, you are intelligence itself.
But to be fair to Ahlam, she is not the only one who holds this kind of discourse...
Quite a few Iraqis babble along similar lines. And yes, they are stupid too.
And some of them are now saying: "We need a very strong man, even stringent if necessary - someone who can restore order. Enough of this chaos."
Ya Salam, what gems of wisdom!
Now THAT makes me very angry.
But you voted you sons of bitches, did you not?
Those of you who voted for Allawi the CIA guy, or for the sectarian stooges from Iran and those of you who sighed relief that the "tyrant" is gone. Now you come and you want a strong stringent man who can restore order???
Ya Allah, this makes me so furious.
You are indeed a hopeless case!
But mind you,they are not the only ones. Take for instance Maliki, look at what the sectarian, Iranian, idiot had to say today.
He said: " There are Americans (referring to Levin and Clinton) who consider Iraq as one of their villages. " (article here)
The gutless, coward adds : "This is severe interference in our affairs."
Ya Puppet, ya Gawad, of course they will consider Iraq as one of their villages.
It is thanks to them that you came to power. You and Iraq are under occupation ya traitor. This is what occupation is all about. This is what 4 million Iraqis in exile and 1 million Iraqis dead are all about. Of course, they will interfere in your affairs.
Maliki is "annoyed" that the American Army is killing civilians. La Balah?
This is what occupation armies do ya Gawad. They kill civilians.
And what about your own militias and that of the big fat bastard al Sadr ? Are you not killing civilians as well ?
Kharraya a3lekom Kolkom.
Translation : Shit on all of you.
You make me sick!!!
Painting: Iraqi artist, Hayan Abdul Jabr.