Lucidly Insane...


Sometimes, when I hear news about the current "political" scene in Iraq, I don't know whether I should laugh or cry. Sometimes, I do both, simultaneously. Cry and laugh.

Someone remarked on some blog, that Layla Anwar is starting to have a crazy twist to her, crazy notes...
Starting, only starting ? Oh no, am not starting, I'm already crazy.
A lucid insanity. Horrible thing, this lucid insanity.

A few articles have appeared as of late, in both the Western and Middle eastern press, discussing who can be a possible "alternative" to Al- Maliki, since this latter is being described by most Iraqis as a Dictator.

Someone, who is after his own interests, the interests of his sect, and his party. Well, one wing of his party, the Dawah party. Because the other wing of the party belongs to Al Jaafari, and yet another wing belongs to Muqtada al Sadr...Many wings to one party.
May they all fly away soon. Amen.

So we have a Dictator now, Al-Maliki. Am I missing something here?
Four years of genocide and destruction so we can have a Dictator ruling a "Democracy"?

Wait, it gets better...

And now most Iraqis not only prefer a secular government but would like to see a "Strong Man" capable of holding the country together and restore some basic services, like water, electricity, security, infrastructure...the whole bloody thing.

But I thought we did have a strong man keeping the country together did we not?
And he was deposed and murdered by America and Iran.

Wait, wait, it gets even better...

A potential alternative to the weakling dictator, Al- Maliki, is guess whom?

Muqtada al Sadr! The psychopath. The boy who never made it through high school, the guy in jeans who was hooked on billiard, and harassed girls in the street.

This guy is now made to look as the "patriotic", "strong", "Iraqi", "man" who will save Iraq !

The argument runs along the lines, that he has massive grass root popularity and that all the sectarian drilling and torture that are taking place, can be blamed not on him and his Jaysh al Mahdi but on some rogue elements who infiltrated his party, rogue elements from the SCII Badr brigades and from the Maliki militias...

But, basically, we are told Muqtada al Sadr is a good guy. If only, we could start to understand that his drill boys are not really his drill boys... They are just infiltrators. He is our potential man. The Iranian sword in one hand and the drill in the other.
But apart from that, he really is a good guy. Ah! Heaven. Am now in Heaven.

This ironical argument was presented in several papers, from Time online (check below for further readings) to Al Basrah net which is supposedly an Iraqi Baathist news site.

Lucidly insane ? You bet.

Every single person I know who has run away, leaving their homes and carrying nothing but a plastic bag and their travel documents say that one of the main reasons for their exile was the terror they felt from Jaysh Al Mahdi. Every single family I know of.

Not only that but Muqtada al Sadr and his men were clearly present at the murder of Saddam Hussein! How can a so called Baathist website print such treacherous rubbish???

Are you guys trying to tell me that Muqtada al Sadr is going to represent the New Iraq? Are you telling me he is the patriotic strong leader that is standing up to the occupation when he and his men along with the Dawah party and the SCII party (all Iran's proxies in Iraq) and the Americans murdered the President of Iraq, Saddam Hussein?

Not only that but some dude called Al Kubayssi - the so called new pro Resistance voice, states that Muqtada al Sadr is only an immature, uneducated boy with no experience. Not that he is a murderous psychopath, no, just immature.

Am I supposed to feel better and safer now?

If, this is what you are telling me and preparing us for, am seeking political asylum in Siberia.

Saddam Hussein said in his final letter:
" and...here I offer my soul as a sacrifice to you..."
And this is what you do to the sacrifice? You have no shame. Wallah, you have no shame.

What a waste! What a bloody waste!

I said it before and will repeat it again, I was never a member of anything nor do I wish to be a member of anything. I am no Baathist, no Communist, no Islamist, no nothing.

And now in retrospect, I realize that was one of the wisest things I have done in my life. Not join anyone or anything.

Crazy ? Yes likely. But at least my lucid insanity is not colored with high Treason.


For further readings:

1) Time : "The next war in Iraq."

2) Time : "After Maliki, few good alternatives."

3) Huffington Post: "Maliki on last legs, Sadr in the wings."

4) Dar Al Hayat English Edition: "Ayoon wa Azan" by J. al Khazen.


Painting : Iraqi female artist, Betool Fekaiki,

Comments

Anonymous said…
Layla, I don't believe you are deep within as hopeless and bowed to the adverse fate as you appear to be.

Not if you have one drop of Iraqi blood carrying the glorious history of your people left in your veins.

Your Greek tragedy doom and gloom attitude feels more like a psychological tactic aimed at creating an uncontainable sense of void in your readers' consciences and thus engendering a sort of rejection/reaction crisis: "NO, it CAN NOT end like THAT !"
Anonymous said…
Hi Layla,

Have you seen this loser?

http://bankingwork.blogspot.com/

LOL. He was going to argue with me but he deletes all comments. Now since when are you an "Iraqi girl"? You're a GODDESS, what part of that doesn't this loser understand.

Of course, being a GODDESS, you have no need to join, or belong to anything. A GODDESS is complete.

Just for you Layla, here is a song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tygpTfkK94Y

Maitreya
Layla Anwar said…
deep sighted,

you may be a very sophisticated being, am not. Do elucidate what you mean. And since you are deep sighted and I give you the benefit of the doubt, give me some palatable alternative scenario, bearing all the facts- truths in mind.
Anonymous said…
Hi Layla,

please find my latest song for you.

(click link or) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rI5_hbTw_U
Anonymous said…
Hi layla,

"PRESIDENT Bush yesterday told US war veterans that if American troops were withdrawn from Iraq "before the job is done", the country would experience the same collapse that followed when Washington abandoned its military intervention in Vietnam."

Check out the song, I'm sure people will remember!

best
Anonymous said…
No appropriate words, Layla, only the darkness gets deeper with news such as this.
Unknown said…
Salam,

For some reason I had an odd dream that Muwafaq Rabai (can't recall his real name) was going to be the next puppet PM for occupied Iraq.

Anyway, it matters not. Malaki nor those before him nor those after him could move one single squad or brigade without the US approving it...In-fact, these puppet PM's can't even control or have information as to who comes and goes in occupied Iraq (remember when Maliki was "surprized" that Bush was in Baghdad a few months ago when they called the clown to report to the US embassy!).

Khara 3laihum Kulhum ila Yawm Al-Daeen.
Anonymous said…
Dear Layla,

"you may be a very sophisticated being"

Not any more than any other Homo Sapiens Sapiens is or should be.

"am not"

You have no idea what and how much you are.

"Do elucidate what you mean."

I mean your "hopelessness" is like a dead seed that bears flowers of anger and rebellion in others' consciences.

"give me some palatable alternative scenario"

Not I, but the heroic Iraqi national Resistance will.

Keep yourself through these decisive times, let Iraq recognize you on Her Return ..

My best regards.
Layla Anwar said…
Thank you Deep Sighted. At least a positive note.
Layla Anwar said…
Hi Little Deer,

There should be no darkness at all.
I was taught by some teacher long time ago: He said "if you ask the right question, you will get the right answer and from there you know how to solve your problem."

Those who are bidding for a last attempt for power have never really posed the real problem.
The real problem is DUAL OCCUPATION. USA(Israel) + Iran.

Once a spade is called a spade, then the political will and the right players will emerge.
But as long there is some political patchworking going on,the solution will remain hidden.
Layla Anwar said…
Salam Layth,

I sure do hope that you are not one of those who have premonitory dreams.
Ya3nee if Shahpour aka Muwafak al Rubaie is in, I will not only seek political asylum in Siberia, oh - I will go and dwell for the rest of my days in Antarctica.
Layla Anwar said…
Hello Iraqi Democrat

Great "SMASHING" song. You are our in house Resistance DJ.:-)
Thank you.
Anonymous said…
Hi layla,

Exclusive only to your blog! :)

ID is in the house!!!

lol,

best
Layla Anwar said…
Resistance DJ.
That one is for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LF8unwxhNho
Layla Anwar said…
Hey Maitreya,

This is one is for you, A desert Rose by STING

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iw48XMJvfwk
Anonymous said…
Layla, you said:

"Once a spade is called a spade, then the political will and the right players will emerge.
But as long there is some political patchworking going on,the solution will remain hidden."

But will our leaders ever do that? I don't think so.

They wreak havoc all over the world, and have no qualms about this. All for Zion.

I think, and I may be wrong, that I would seek somewhere in Russia if I wanted to live under an honest leader right now.

Iraq is at the epicentre of a world gone mad.

Deep-Sighted said:

"Not I, but the heroic Iraqi national Resistance will."

That is what I have been saying to others for a very long time. The true Iraqi resistance (and in truth the real Iraqis) are working against this NWO as very few of us would dare.

And surprise, surprise, 437 people opened my post on STA with your recent article. No comments, so I just hope that somewhere, for someone, it will make a difference.
Anonymous said…
Layla, I loved "Desert Rose". I hadn't ever heard it before!
So thanks from me too.
Anonymous said…
Dear Layla, you are right. Sometimes, the deep despair really feels like darkness, Layla. Yes, your teacher was right: asking the right questions usually brings the right answers, except that everything is so twisted now....

Heard this, and would like to quote:

Some Senator Warner saying: 'Maliki has LET OUR BOYS DOWN.' Stupid, ignorant, arrogant man - 'boys' down? The killers, rapist bastards who have no business to be in Iraq in the first place? No mention of IRAQIS whose lives have been destroyed because of his BOYS and the immature BOY they have elected to be 'leader'. Can you see where their priorities lie? He only wants withdrawal from Iraq, because his 'baby boys' have been let down.

America is the most DESPICABLE nation on Earth.
Alan the Red said…
Thank you Layla. I am honoured by your gift.
Layla Anwar said…
Hi Daphne,

I don't really think it matters anymore in Iraq who is ruling what and when...I think it has become very clear to the Iraqi people, that no good will come from any of those puppets including the sunnis ones...
There are no choices, the only way out is OUT, driving the iranian and americans OUT. Only then can we really start talking about rebuilding Iraq. Until then, it's all a bid for power.
I am disappointed that no one left a comment. But that is typical I guess.
Layla Anwar said…
Hi Little Deer,

If you only knew how fed up I am with them...I really have absolutely no patience anymore.
I keep repeating it like a parrot, all is destroyed. ALL IS DESTROYED.
YoUnicorn said…
Beautiful video of Desert Rose,
A great song. I always liked it
Thank you !
Excellent ,-))

Amongst all the wrongs, the darkness...and a new wrong with MAS puppet..
I want to find the right question or could be the right time? I don't know, I know less each day... I know there is light... Somewhere and within the hearts of those who have not sold their souls. Freedom fighters in Iraq, friends who keep close to the truth and you .. here in your blog.

Little Deer I agree with your posts.

Bless you Layla
Much love !
Anonymous said…
Layla, you said:

"I don't really think it matters anymore in Iraq who is ruling what and when...I think it has become very clear to the Iraqi people, that no good will come from any of those puppets including the sunnis ones...
There are no choices, the only way out is OUT, driving the iranian and americans OUT. Only then can we really start talking about rebuilding Iraq. Until then, it's all a bid for power."

Did you think I thought there was an option that the people who invaded your land might find the "right" people?

I don't. Never have. I want with all my heart that everyone who is not Iraqi GET OUT OF IRAQ NOW.

I don't think they will, but that is your only option to rebuild Iraq. I understand that totally.

I read an article on the net agreeing with this, and it said possibly there would be more bloodshed for awhile, but eventually this would die out and you could, if you were allowed, rebuild Iraq.

There is no other way. I am very sure about that.

Popular posts from this blog

Diss Information.

How Sensitive...

Some thoughts on Forgiveness...