November 11, 2007

A Message...

I had an “amazing” dream last night. And am not making it up either.

I dreamt that I was in some very narrow dormitory, that looked like a corridor more than anything else. It was dark and damp. There were 4 beds lined up, one next to the other.

These beds were fully occupied by armed men. One had a sectarian Shia, the other an American, the third a Kurd and the fourth I could not tell...

A man whose face I could not see for it was covered, suddenly came out of the closet and said to me whispering with a sense of urgency
“Get out now and make no noise, we don’t them to wake up.”
I replied, whispering back, trembling. “I have nowhere to go.”

He pointed to a balcony which was equally dark. I left hurriedly and lay low on the balcony.

It was very cold out there and he kept repeating. “Keep your head down, keep your head down. Make no noise.”

I crouched there for what seemed to be an eternity. Then one of the armed men woke up. He must have heard me. He branded his gun and was about to shoot me. I shouted.
Khalid, Khalid, the shia militiaman is going to rape and kill me – help me please, help me.”

At that point, I woke up drenched in sweat, trembling...And this has become a nearly habitual state for me.

It took me hours to recover from this “dream.” I thought about it for some time since some of my dreams happen to be premonitory ones or carry some important message...

I don’t personally know of any Khalid.
But in the dream, Khalid coming out of the closet, with his face covered, and we were stuck in a tight corridor where the armed men were snoozing...reminds me of the Iraqi Resistance.

Khalid appeared to give me a safe haven by urging me to crouch down on some cold balcony i.e keep a low profile on the outside...

Khalid was keeping a low profile too. He had his face covered, and came out of the closet i.e a hiding place.

And obviously, I, as a woman, refusing this whole notion of sects, am under constant threat from these sectarian shia men. The constant threat of rape and murder...

It is as if the dream was telling me that the Resistance is in urgent hiding for the time being following some serious "cleansing" by both the sectarian Shias, Americans and Kurds and another fourth whose identity I could not tell in the dream.

It’s as if the dream is telling me, the element of surprise will be, when they come out of the closet en masse...

Let the armed men “snooze” for the time being...and let the true Iraqis protect themselves first from the sectarian Iranian and Iraqi Shias, since those seem to be light snoozers- wanting to make sure they will rule alone, single handedly...

But why the name Khalid ? I can only think of one Khalid. Khalid ibn Al-Walid, the Islamic historic figure.

I refreshed my memory and re-read who Khalid ibn Al-Walid is, and this is what I found.

“Khālid ibn al-Walīd (592-642) also known as Sayf-Allah al-Maslul (the Drawn Sword of God or Sword of Allah), was one of the two famous Arab generals of the Rashidun army during the Muslim conquests of the 7th Century).
He is noted for his military prowess, commanding the forces of Muhammad and those of his immediate successors of the Rashidun Caliphate; Abu Bakr and Umar ibn al-Khattab. In having the distinction of being undefeated in over a hundred battles against the numerically superior forces of the Byzantine Roman Empire, Sassanid Persian Empire, and their allies, he is regarded as one of the finest military commanders in history. His greatest strategic achievements were his swift conquest of the Persian Empire and conquest of Roman Syria within three years from 633 to 636…”

And just as it so happens, by sheer “coincidence” someone carrying the name of “snoozer” commented on my last post by saying.

“Please try the Quran, it worked to remove the Romans and Persians out of Iraq the last time - part of why they both still hate it…”

My God! My knees feel like jelly and I have goose bumps all over...
This is yet, another one. One of the most amazing messages from the “other world.”

There is no doubt in my mind we will overcome the destroyers of Iraq in whatever guise they may appear. But we do need to remember Khalid Ibn Al-Walid from the Rashidun Army of the Prophet.

I am not sure about the timing – but Divine Victory will come – of that am certain.

In the meantime, I am to hide on some balcony, on the the coldness of Exile.

Painting: Iraqi artist, Qais Al-Sindi/Iraqi Flag. 2007.