Aliens in Babel.
- Did you hear the news? I just saw it on al Arabiya TV channel.
- What again ? Who died again ?
- Turkey is threatening to enter Northern Iraq and finish with the Kurdish "rebels". Seems a few Turkish soldiers were killed today.
- You mean by the PPK or is it the PKK or the KKK ?
- Yeah, another pipi/kaka story.
- Is there anyone who has not entered Iraq?
- Come to think about it, no.
- Let me see, there are the Americans, the Iranians, the Israelis, the Australians, the New Zealanders, the Dans, the Brits, the Eastern Europeans, the Western Europeans, the South Africans, the Koreans, the Japanese, the Chinese, the Syrians, the Saudis...
- Yeah and today I heard a lot of Latin Americans too. Venezuelans, Ecuadorians, Bolivians, Chileans, Mexicans, Argentinians, Brazilians...
(By the way, the Iraqi football team just hired a Brazilian coach, probably much to the displeasure of Muqtada Baby who frowns upon football that "degenerate sport". Great news no? Iraqis can't walk in the street but hey they can play some first class football !)
- Latin Americans? What for?
- Reconstruction? Where? When? Have you seen any reconstruction yourself ?
- Nope, none so far.
- I wonder what Chavez has to say about that?
- It's a mess...Now you can add the Turks to the list. The only ones who have not landed yet are some extra-terrestrial aliens. You know a few green martians...
- They may soon, you know.
- Yeah anything is possible in Iraq.
- Do you think they will be reconstructing too?
- I don't know, ask NASA...
Seems the Iraqi Eldorado has not lost its charm nor its attractions.
All these nationalities have come to "reconstruct"...
Some by milking this poor Iraqi cow until they reach her bones and others through sheer elimination.
I mean, surely if you want to reconstruct a country, you need to eliminate its people and start anew right?
Like restore the virginity to the land so you can build better and stronger fortresses.
A brand new Iraq with a brand new population. A total Babel makeover.
You know, like the ones you see on these American TV reality shows. Revamped, relooked, redone...beyond recognition.
And once this Iraqi milking cow is dried out, these wonderful aliens from the Green zone will simply move to newer, greener pastures...They accomplished their mission. They "reconstructed" the New Tower of Babel.
I suddenly feel a buzz in my head. Like a radar signal...
Maybe some extra-terrestrial martians are trying to establish a preliminary contact before their landing...
Who knows, anything is possible in the New Iraq. The buzz is getting stronger...
I better run now, before I get "abducted" by these "little" men.
But do stay tuned to the next Babel episode. And may the Green($$$) Force be with you!
Painting : Iraqi artist, Mohammed Sami.