Ya Tayr - O' Bird...

Yalla, no more " frontiers" and "borders" between my blogs...am tearing down the walls of Separation.


Great song by a really talented Iraqi artist, singer, composer, Bashar Hussam Azzawi. An interpretation of an old Iraqi folk song...with Iraqi Art to accompany, by various artists.





Imperfect translation.

O' Bird, I am lost in my Fate
I neither belong to my family
nor to my love.

O' Bird, I am lost in my Fate
torn between forgetting and finding you
I yearn sometimes for them
and sometimes for you...

And I fly with the wind
if I know it passes by you
keeping you a quenching cup,
I drink from when thirsty...

O'Bird I am lost in my Fate
Visit my soul as a fleeting dream
without you,
I am a flower with no water,
I made you into my guiding moon
when my life is cloudy..
visit me,
the sight of you
is pure joy in my soul...

O' Bird, I am lost in my fate,
torn between forgetting
and finding you....


Youtube : qwqfaris, October 6, 2009.

Popular posts from this blog

Diss Information.

How Sensitive...

Some thoughts on Forgiveness...