New age Me and I'll New age You...

Another American Soap Opera .
James Bond and the Cowboys report. Oops , sorry meant the James Baker report which basically summarizes as follows : Change course and think of our long term oil interests.
Now the cowboy G.Bush stated only yesterday that :"The Enemy has not been defeated yet. "
Danger is still looming . How about another 5 million Iraqis dead , will that attenuate your fears? Not important, let's not get side tracked with details.
George.W.Bush says that he has a plan. A plan dictated by none other than God himself. (and yes politically correct feminists, in this instance it is definitely a HE, so lay off my back.)
I will relay to you what exactly happened.
G.W.Bush retreated into his holy grounds , kneeled down and prayed for guidance.
God himself manifested his glory to Bush and told him : "Son, your job ain't done yet, go get em' Georgie .The anti Christ six headed Beast is still lurking somewhere in Baby-lawn."
God usually manifests himself to George either as an oil barrel, a cowboy's rifle or as a carefully delineated map of the Temple Mount in Jerusalem with the precise location of where the "rapture " will take place prior to the second Coming.
( If you don't believe me ask Ted Haggard. He knows everything about raptures and second comings)
George's "Higher Power" ( A.A would have done a much better job,trust me on this one) is a blond blue eyed Higher Being from Arkansas or is it Texas ?
God continued: "Son, those ayrabs mooslims are no good, I got no convenant with them lot. It takes a man son, and you are my prodigal child, my chosen one."
Upon hearing those sentences , George redressed himself still all shook up by yet another divine revelation and proclaimed that he is staying on course , i.e business as usual in Eye Raq.
(Ok Eye Raqis go fetch some more wood for coffins. Heard you can get them at a discount price on Ebay.)

In the light of the above "developments" my friend Joanna, a European, sent me an email.
She has been reading my blog and is concerned about my "state".
She believes that I am zooming in on too much negativity and am not seeing the glass half full but am adamant to see it half empty. Little does she know that there is no "glass" left.
I know she means well and being spiritually evolved, she can afford to be detached somewhere out there in Europe.
Her explanation for the Iraqi Disaster is simple. She says it is all Karmic .
All the dead, maimed,tortured Iraqis are paying their dues for past sins from some other reincarnation.
I asked her if Othman , Omar and all the D.U babies also qualified ? She said "yes".
What about the raped girls like Abeer and the castrated men in Abu Ghraib?
An affirmative "yes" was her reply."We don't know what horrors they committed in their past lives, they might have been members of the Nazi Gestapo" she added.
Ok- now am relieved to know that .
She suggested I apply some "spirituality" to the whole thing .
I will follow her advice and this what I will ask of you :
Take a map, spot Iraq on it. Visualize it as a burning hell hole, kind of pitch black.
Now close your eyes and send positive vibrations to Her and her people.
Send beams of white light (please make sure it is not phosphorus)
Burn incense and let the fumes rise up and imagine them purifying the land of the Tigris.
Apply mental fragranced healing balms to the wounded and torn apart and chant your favorite mantra.
Stand in a circle and dance to the beat of cosmic drums and channel Sumerian spirits.
Meditate with a burning white candle and go Zen Iraq.
Reiki it. Shaman it. Trance it. Do your Holotropic breathing on it ... I don't care...as long as you send some Love our way .
You can implore whichever Divinity you fancy. Allah, Elohim, God, Christ, Mother Nature and the four Elements, Buddha, Krishna, Shiva, Shakti , Cosmic Consciousness , your Higher Self ...absolutely anything. Just make sure it is not the blond blue eyed Dude from Texas.

You may ask yourself : Ok, what 's in it for me ?
To which I will reply : We have a mutual vested interest here .
You "pray" our way and Iraq is restored to wholeness and the pay off is : You will be rid of the delusional megalomaniac psychopath who is ruling your lives . It's dialectic or put in simple terms -The door swings both ways.
You New Age me , I'll New Age you. Get my drift now ?
So keep on praying will ya' ?

Painting : Iraqi Artist , Mohammed Sami

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yet another excellent piece,Mashallah....Chapeau
Anonymous said…
I am no new ager, and I'm sending my love to you and all of Iraq. Remember Layla, time is near when Iraq will look back on these days with glory, and awe, of their courage, and of their sacrifice. These days shall add precious oranments to Iraq's history, and shall inspire the iraqis for generations to come.
Layla Anwar said…
Dearest T,

Many thanks for your support. God bless always.
Layla Anwar said…
JonM,

Thank you for the gift.
Anonymous said…
Layla,

Maliki is begging for Saddam's military to come back. He's even offering to re-instate their pensions. The baathists are too smart to take any bait, when they know they're so colse to victory, and they are. Iraq will remain united, and it will truly be liberated, soon, very soon.

I would like to send you a gift, maybe a christmas gift. It doesn't need a wrapping, nor does it need a stamp. It will be packaged in your heart, and it will glow, sometimes with a faint light. It's called Hope, Layla, and you should have it.
(hope it isn't a duplicate)
Layla Anwar said…
JonM,

I am VERY touched by your words. I believe you are closet poet !
Anonymous said…
I am a Aussie and we have a prime minister who is a fully fledged cheer leader for the worlds worst dry drunk from Texas. I have been praying to a higher power of my understanding for your country and it's tortured/kidnapped/terrorised/murdered/wrongfully imprisoned people daily. I hope Dubya has another moment of clarity and gets to see things for what they clearly are so he can stop carrying on in his deluded world of denial.
Layla Anwar said…
Aussie - I would like to say to you - it's a one day at a time thing - except that Iraqis don't have much time on their side . I am not sure Georgie will have moments of clarity I think he is "unconstitutionally capable of being honest with himself". Ask your higer power to replace him with some else. Thank you.
Anonymous said…
Hey Layla, how are you? Nice artwork, very thought provoking while being slightly sexual. Love your choice of art unlike ass'head who NEVER finds Arab artists.

One good bit of news coming out of Iraq lately is the increased record number of attacks on the yanks and their lap puppies.

Aussie, howard the baldy (mr sheen)short, speech impaired, racist, sellout, rat, should be hung from his balls.
Oops he doesn't have any.
Alright his hair.
Doesn't have that either.
How about we just feed him to vanstone, the cow looks like she needs another meal. Not.
Layla Anwar said…
Hi anonymous , I think I recognize the writing style from some other blog . Hi how are you ? Am glad you enjoy the artwork. I don't find anything remotely sexual in that particular piece but then art is in the eyes of the beholder. See you around in cyberspace ..:)
indigo said…
Gah - I used to know someone like your contact, Joanna. She and her husband believed that the millions of babies, children, men and women dying of thirst and hunger in the Sudan were "paying for" their "sins" in a past life (and therefore we did not need to feel that we had to do anything to help them).

George Bush is an unrecovered alcoholic, and Tony Blair is a weakling authoritarian; neither knew enough of statecraft to quell their intoxication at being in control of military power. Neither will stop until they are forcibly stopped (too much humiliation for them and loss of "face"). Blair's current "displacement activity" - flying round the Middle East with his credibility in tatters - is so embarrassing.
Anonymous said…
If Bush isn't the anti-christ, then he certainly hearlds one. I think he does hear god, his god. Satan, or is it himself... I can't be sure. Every word that comes out of his mouth is a lie & he usually means the exact opposite of what he says. No human being is capable of such error on their own. It is simply supernatural & I don't mean Divine. He is Satan's puppet & blasphomies(sp?) continuously spew forth from his mouth. Father knows, Father sees... The cup of iniquity is right at the cusp to over flow.(I believe the U.S. attack on Iran will be the final drop in the cup.) Father's wrath WILL soon be poured out on America, & all the nations who choose to serve the god of this world. Father feels your pain, Father's heart grieves for you. Peace be upon those who long for the world we were created for.

Popular posts from this blog

Diss Information.

How Sensitive...

Some thoughts on Forgiveness...